One of our larger projects is dealing with moisture in the basement. Step one has been to move water away form the cabin by repairing gutters and downspouts, and adding them where they were missing. Step two is what you see below. The floor is mostly dirt with large areas of bedrock protruding. Short of the insane job of pouring a concrete floor, we decided to create a vapor barrier with 6 millimeter plastic with a few inches of bluestone on top. Just laying the plastic has made a world of difference. We are also putting up insulation in the basement ceiling as another barrier. You'll notice that in the section I put it up backwards. The barrier side of the insulation should be on the warmer side (up in this case). Lastly we are going to dig around the foundation--probably in the Spring/Summer--and both seal and insulate the foundation. Ugh. That job is going to be a lot of work.
We also took out all that rig job electric, stapled wires properly, got all splices in junction boxes, and installed three light fixtures.